Friday, July 13, 2018

Thinking


I have been doing a lot of thinking lately. I have too much time on my hands since I am stuck in the house unless someone takes pity on me and takes me out. It sucks not being able to drive. My good days are few and far between. The brain fog, dizziness, vertigo and mini-spins seem to be a daily thing. Luckily I have only had one major vertigo attack since December. A major attack for me is where the room is spinning, it lasts for hours and knocks my balance out for a couple of days. 

So, I have been thinking about what I am going to do when I get to the next stage... Deafness may occur along with the constant balance issue. 

With this a part of the disease, but much uncertainty when it may occur, I wonder if it might be beneficial to get an assist dog. Part of my problem with going places on my own is that I could lose my balance and possibly fall. Even with people around, they don’t always remain at my side. A dog would. 

My husband feels that an assist dog is too big and we have two dogs already. One of whom is jealous of other animals. Right now I can wait, because my hearing hasn’t left and I manage the balance issues. 

A new friend I made through Facebook is training her pup to be an asset dog. You can read about it here on Maverick and Me.

I don’t have the patience to train a dog so I would need to pay someone to do it, which costs money I don’t have. Oh, well, one day at a time. Thanks for reading as I think. 


I hope you are spin free!

Love, Peace and Light! Rita

1 comment:

  1. Rita, there are options with smaller dogs. I'm without Maverick on vacation and I've already stepped out in front of a runner on accident while playing tourist. ☺️ I definitely notice Maverick's absence. That said, prepare yourself for criticism with our good hearing days/invisible disabilities. Cocker Spaniels are said to be amazing hearing alert dogs. ❤️ I chose bigger for balance.

    ReplyDelete