Monday, July 9, 2018

Inspiration 


Inspiration~ I have been thinking of this subject lately... I need inspiration in order to write, whether it’s fiction or non-fiction. 

I gather inspiration for my fiction writing in everything I do, whether I’m reading or traveling or sitting on my couch. I can find inspiration in a word or group of words. It comes from so many sources that it’s amazing that I’m not overwhelmed.

But in real life what inspires me to keep going everyday? When my body is in pain, my balance is off, the brain fog is so thick that I can’t form a cherehent thought, what gets me up?

I have a friend who has not been defeated by spina bifida. When I just want to give up, I hear this amazing woman’s voice in my head, “Get your ass up.” So I do.

I belong to Ménière’s Worldwide and people from all over the world inspire me to keep going. Some have things worse than me and I learn from them everyday. (I know I mention this group frequently, but they have been a godsend.) They help breakthrough the depression that tends to creep up when I am faced with life’s obstacles. 

I tend to be dark deep within the depths of my mind, but their humor (humour for my UK friends) breaks through. I look to the light even when my writing turns to the dark. 

My husband inspires me. He may not understand what I feel like, but he rarely complains. He broke his leg (fibula and tibia) and dislocated his ankle in 2016 and still has problems with it, but he gets up faithfully every morning to walk our dogs. I have been having more trouble with my balance, especially in the mornings that I am afraid to venture out with my two small dogs on my own, 


So on the days I have someone with me I try to do things. Girls day with my sister-in-law, I meet friends when I can, sometimes I need to ask for a ride. And I always get out with my husband to camp, cruise or whatever. 

Anyway I have veered off topic. I find things or people who inspire me daily. Who or what inspires you?

No comments:

Post a Comment