Sunday, July 29, 2018

Bryce Canyon

We camped in Bryce Canyon this past weekend, starting Thursday. I loved Bryce better than the Grand Canyon. It was beautiful and had viewpoints so I could enjoy the beautiful scenery, since vertigo had me being cautious. 


The times at sunrise at Sunrise Point and Sunset point were some of my favorites. The clouds made a spectacular sunrise.

It rained quite a bit of our time at the park, but had enough beautiful times in between we could enjoy ourselves.


I managed to get over 10,000 Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I may be suffering tomorrow, but it was worth it. Believe me I sat waiting on Ralph quite a bit of the time, because keeping my balance was tough even with my walking stick or cane. 


I would do this trip over again in a heartbeat. We stopped in Zion on our way back to Vegas... I am glad that Ralph insisted on Bryce Canyon. Though the views are lovely they don’t hold a candle to Bryce, Grand Canyon or even Red Rock or Valley of Fire closer to home. And it was over 100• where as Bryce stayed between 60-85.


Parking is bad in Zion. We had to park outside the park which costs $20. There was free shuttle service in the park which took us to different sights. We only got off at the last park and I could only hike part of the trail. 

I met this little guy while sharing a rock with an awesome woman from Maryland. The poor baby was so hot it would only move a couple of inches and stop. My companion gave it some water when it sat on the rock next to us. 

We made it home. I was in bed by 8 pm, but now my mind is fully awake at 11:13. 

I hope you all sleep well and are spin free!

Love, Peace and Light! Rita

No comments:

Post a Comment