Sunday, July 1, 2018

Supporting Others


This is me at church today. I am fighting vertigo. Fortunately, unless it’s room spinning, I can almost walk normal. You might notice that I am a bit unbalanced, but I am not sitting at home wishing I could leave. Vestibular therapy helped me cope with this disease and a lot of it had to do with repeatedly exposing myself to things that make me panic.

One of the main reasons I speak about my health issues is to support others, who may be in the same situation as me. The other is to spread awareness.

Ménière’s is a rare disease and yet I have found a community of support from all over the world in a Facebook group called Ménière’s Worldwide.

It is a relief to know that there are others who understand what l live with daily. I wish they didn’t have this damn disease, but it is good to know I can talk about what is going on in my head and to know they understand. 

In another Facebook group a woman posted her new blogpost and her mission is to spread awareness. So here is another blog for you to follow to let you know you are not alone. 

I know people in my life who experience vertigo who have not been diagnosed and it’s frustrating waiting for a diagnosis. I hope they are curable and not a debilitating disease. 

If you know someone with any invisible disease, please support them. They are just as frustrated as you are that they cannot do things. Be there for them  and know that they will be one of your biggest fans, because you believe them. 


Be spin free.

Love, Peace and Light! Rita

No comments:

Post a Comment