Saturday, March 3, 2018

NASCAR & Ménière’s 

It was a windy day at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. Ralph and I arrived around 11 am. We went to the vendor area to get some freebies. There was a cacophony of noise. (I used that word because it sounds a bit like all the different sounds.) The sounds coming from everywhere and quite loudly overwhelmed my inner ear and made walking difficult. Fortunately, my husband was nearby to grab onto. I must’ve looked drunk. 

We met up with family and grabbed some food. My husband also procured some earplugs for me. We managed to find a table to sit down at. After that I felt much better. We were in our seat to watch the race begin. The earplugs were a lifesaver, because I didn’t have any more problems with my balance the rest of the day.

Leaving the track wasn’t the end of our day, because my husband has been raising money for St. Baldrick’s (childhood cancer research) and it was time to get his hair shaved off in solidarity with the children who lose there hair to chemo in their fight against this horrible disease. Here is a link to a video I took of Ralph getting his hair shaved off.


It is 9:30 and I am exhausted. 

Have a spin free day!

Love, Peace and Light!

Rita 

(Stay tuned for part 2 of NASCAR weekend.)

No comments:

Post a Comment