Monday, October 1, 2018

Halloween 

Yay or Nay? Tell me your thoughts about this magical time of the year..,


I love to decorate, but I must confess my health has made me rather lackadaisical in my attempts. I carved this jack-o-lantern a few years back. 


But costumes are fun. We don’t just save dressing up for Halloween... Christmas, New Years and of course cosplay. 


This year I am putting together a costume and so far I have nowhere to go. LOL! I decided to dress up as Osgood from Doctor Who. My brother said that I picked an obscure character from the Doctor Who Fandom. Why? Because she intrigued me. I love the fact that she borrows pieces of her everyday clothes from all the doctors. 

Here’s what I’ve gathered so far. I am kind of creating my own persona keeping Osgood’s style in mind. I had the 4th Doctor’s scarf, I bought Osgood’s glasses. I also have an inhaler to carry. The white blouse will pair nicely with the 11th Doctor’s bow tie (on order). Though I don’t have high top Converse, my old sneakers will stand in for the 10th Doctor. I also have a lab coat coming to represent Osgood’s work at UNIT. I can keep adding to the costume as I want. 

It’s been fun putting my look together. I am crazy enough to wear it everyday. The fantastic thing about costumes is that you can be anyone you want to be. All you have to do is imagine.

As we usher in the Autumnal Equinox I’ll be celebrating All Hallows’ Eve... What will you be doing? Decorating, trick or treating, costume party... Whatever you do, I hope you enjoy yourself. 

Love, Peace and Light! Rita

P.S. I’ll be sure to take pictures.


1 comment:

  1. My costume is now complete. I will write a follow up blog when I put it all on. Hopefully, I’ll have somewhere to go.

    ReplyDelete