Tuesday, October 23, 2018

More on Managing My Anxiety 

You know from my posts that I suffer from anxiety. I chant the Serenity Prayer Frequently to remind myself that I cannot control every situation. I certainly cannot control others. What I can do is control the way I react. I need frequent reminders, especially when anxiety and/or depression strikes.

Some days my head won’t stop racing. All the thoughts run at the speed of light to drag me down. I have to consciously change my thoughts. That is why reciting this prayer and making it my mantra to repeat over and over. Also, I concentrate on one thought when I’m meditating to let it go. I hope I haven’t put an ear worm in your head like I just did in mine.

Today I am struggling more so I wrote my own prayer out. I am pretty sure it’s borrowed thoughts from some remembered things I have read. So I am not claiming it and it can be shared with others.

If you have ways to deal with anxiety that I haven’t mentioned and may not even have thought of let me know.

I put this on my blog page at ritalsmith.com. I want to share with you all too.  Here is a direct link to the prayer

God is good. 

God is great. 

Please help me eliminate negativity from my LIFE! 

It begins with me.

And ends with me.

Give me peace.

Let me give peace. 

Don’t allow others to run over me. And don‘t let me hurt others.Let’s make everyday a BLUE SKY DAY! 

Even in when the sun is hidden from my view.

Thank you for everything you do!

I hope you are spin free.

Love, Peace and Light! Rita




No comments:

Post a Comment