Sunday, October 28, 2018

A Fun Weekend 

Upon arriving in LA we visited The Last Book Store. Someone asked if it was really the last bookstore. I really hope not. I still love books, though it’s easier to read on my iPad. As I walked through a tunnel of books, I could feel stories pouring into me. 

There were many rooms of books both old and new. I could have stayed on one of the couches and read a book to completion, but I managed to limit myself to one book that called to me over all the others. 

After our visit to this fabulous place, which doesn’t compare to The Bookloft in Columbus, Ohio, which has more books than The Last Bookstore,we headed to our hotel in Burbank.

We ate at Market City Caffe, where we found Betsy the Wandering Cow. And the had some really delicious gluten free pasta. 

Saturday we headed to Universal Studios for mire fun. We entered early, because we had season passes and I headed for Guest Relations, where I got an express pass for my disability . Little waiting in lines for the three of us. I didn’t know that this was available until someone in Ménière’s Worldwide mentioned it. Since I have trouble standing for long periods of time it was handy. 


I wasn’t sure how I was going to do on the rides, but I didn’t have a trouble. Of course this disease (Ménière’s) is highly unpredictable and next time could be a different story. My vertigo held of until the morning after.

Still I said a big FU to Ménière’s as we played tourists on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. Though we only walked half the steps of yesterday, I got to see the famous Chinese Theater, and the Roosevelt Hotel which was the inspiration for the Tower of Terror in Disney’s California Adventures. Not to mention seeing all the stars. I was a bit shocked at how filthy the sidewalks were, even living in Vegas I have never seen that level of uncleanliness. Still it was an experience, which I can put in my book of been there, done that! 


Then we took a winding road up a hill to get the best view of the Hollywood Sign. The turns actually caused a mini spin. See I never know what will trigger this damn disease. After many attempts to snap a picture of the sign, I managed to get one. It’s difficult in a moving vehicle as obstructions popped up frequently. 

Along the way we spied this garage... Which was a perfect way to end our weekend which started with a bookstore.

I hope you are all spin free!

Love, Peace and Light! Rita

No comments:

Post a Comment