Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Teach Your Children Well

Yesterday I shared some personal information on this blog. I think it needed to be said, because things need to change. I have mostly blocked this stuff from my mind, but when women come forward with their accusations, it’s time to speak up. It’s time for change in the way we all think. 


We need to support everyone who says they’ve been attacked. We need to let them know it’s not their fault. It is not their shame... it was done to them, not by them. 

We, also, need to teach our boys & men that it’s not okay to grab, touch, have sex without the woman’s consent. It’s not okay! Women are not sexual objects for your enjoyment. Once men learn this and act like women are equals, maybe those who have been abused will be able to heal. 

So mommas and poppas teach your children to respect everyone. That we are all equal. Be a good role model for them. Teach them well! The Crosby, Stills and Nash song keeps repeating in my mind.

Love, Peace and Light! 

Rita

(This is what my blog yesterday was supposed to be about, but I guess I needed to share.)

No comments:

Post a Comment