Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Escape From Reality

How do you escape from everything life throws at you?

Me? I read. Reading allows me to transcend time and space and even my own mundane life. I travel the world and even the universe through books. They are my own personal TARDIS. Yes, I am a Doctor Who Geek. I am a geek in so many ways, but this is my favorite fandom!

If the story draws me in I’ll read it. Sometimes the book covers catch my attention, sometimes it’s the title, while others it’s the book blurb. I am not limited to genre. I love them all. 

Sometimes I get lost in television series. Netflix is good for those times you just want to hibernate in your cave and unable to read for whatever reason.

Nature is another way to recharge my batteries, I feel so at peace when we go camping. It’s a good time to relax and read. Or enjoy views like this.

I cherish my husband who shares these moments with me. I’d be lost without him in these trying times. He helps me relax. Being both an extrovert and introvert requires a special kind of handling. On the one hand being social comes easily to me. On the other hand it drains me. So these times away replenishes my soul. 

Again I ask, what do you do to recover from what life throws at you? 

I hope you are spin free!

Love, Peace and Light! Rita

No comments:

Post a Comment