Thursday, October 18, 2018

Thankful Thursday 

It is important to take some time everyday to remind myself that I am thankful for so many things. You might think with all my whining about health issues that I don’t enjoy the good days. That I don’t appreciate the good times. I am thankful for all the things I can still do. 

I do not have things as bad as others. Though I have symptoms, I rarely have the debilitating vertigo that used to keep me in bed. Only once since I came out of remission in December has that happened. It used to happen on a much more frequent basis. I am thankful for this. I wish no one had this, but I am thankful that I’ve not been worse.

I love traveling and am thankful that I am still able to do so. I love going to concerts and I am thankful I still have most of my hearing. I love that if I need to stay in bed, I can. 

I am thankful for my wonderful husband who is trying to understand this dreadful disease. He listens when I say I cannot do something. And is nearby when we are out in case of an emergency.

I am thankful for my pets who cuddle with me daily especially for grounding me during my full on vertigo attack or even the mini spins. I never realized how important grounding during an attack is, until the mini spins began. It helps me concentrate on something besides the room spinning around. Sometimes it’s difficult to focus on one thing in the room, because it keeps shifting. 

I am thankful that I’ve never had a major attack in public, though Disneyland was close. It just wasn’t the full on vertigo attack. But it was worse than the mini spins. It was a different type of vertigo where everything shifted up and down instead of the spinning. Anyway I am thankful that my full on vertigo attacks have always happened at night or upon waking. It’s safer to be in bed.

I am thankful for each and every day of life. I am thankful that I’ve found ways to cope and have things to assist making life easier. 

I am thankful for feeling God’s presence in my life. I try to see him in every aspect of it and in people. Some people make it difficult, but I hope God is present in them too. I am thankful that I feel I may have finally let go of hurts whether intentional or unintentional. 

I am thankful that I had a dream about a kiss. It has led me to where I am now. 


I hope you are spin free!

Love, Peace and Light! Rita

No comments:

Post a Comment