Thursday, October 25, 2018

I Beg to Differ

Since when has it not been okay to disagree with others? That is what makes this one of the greatest countries in the world. Just because someone doesn’t believe the same things as me, doesn’t mean we can’t be friends or family. 

My entire family are Republicans... Then there’s me. My dad calls me a bleeding heart liberal. I say so what? Do you love me less, because I think differently than you? You and mom raised me to think for myself and that’s just what I do. 

Can you imagine if we lived elsewhere, I might have been disowned or even killed for my radical thoughts. Now we hear daily about “fake news”. It is our jobs as citizens to sort out the real truth. 

I have been told by the one who shall not be named that I can’t believe something I’ve heard with my own ears, I cannot trust my own judgment. This country is being gaslighted. And it’s time to stop.

Make informed decisions... Don’t just side with the masses. Don’t hate others for having a difference in opinion. Instead learn from them. Usually the truth is somewhere in the middle. Trust your eyes and ears, they don’t lie to you. Go with your gut. And if that means you don’t think the way I do, at least you’ve put some thought into it. 

This last election has made it difficult for many of us, because we fear our rights might be stripped away. So be kind to others when we disagree. Remember some of us are coming from a place of fear. The most important thing to remember is human decency. Don’t judge others. Love your neighbor as yourself! 

Love, Peace and Light! Rita

No comments:

Post a Comment