Monday, August 6, 2018

This is Not an Excuse

Ménière’s disease, asthma, fibromyalgia and everything else I have is not an excuse to get out of things. It is the reason I don’t feel well and can only do so much. 


I don’t feel well enough to need an excuse. I am just lucky I have my Sweetie by my side so I can get out even when I am not well. 

I’d never use it as an excuse to get out of things. Unfortunately, it will prevent me from doing things. Usually things that I enjoy suffers. 

So do not ever say I am using it as an excuse to get out of things. I hope you never have to feel what I feel on a daily basis. It sucks when your ears are ringing so loud conversations are challenging, when your brain is so foggy that thinking hurts, when you are struggling for a good breath, when your head feels like you are moving when you are completely stationary.,,. I could go on, since this isn’t the only thing that I feel. (See what I did there...I combined my symptoms. I did because mine don’t hit me one at a time, because I struggle with a multitude of things at once.)

Yes, a careless comment hurts me. So, I am writing it here so I don’t yell and scream. I never doubt when someone says they have problems, because I am not them and I don’t know what they suffer. It is not up to me to judge. (If I have in the past, I was wrong.)

Remember that many people have invisible disabilities and you don’t know what is going on with them. Just show compassion and all will be well. 

Many look like this. 


I will continue to push myself and smile. If I say I am not feeling well, then I probably feel worse than I did in this picture. I had vertigo and was off balance when this picture was taken. Can you tell?

Have a spin free day.

Love, Peace and Light! Rita

No comments:

Post a Comment