Saturday, August 11, 2018

Food Allergies 

I just found out I have food allergies. I haven’t had any severe reactions, so maybe sensitivities. My gastro doctor thinks it maybe be connected to diarrhea and puking... If I can feel better by cutting out these things, I am going to try.

It means giving up peanut butter milkshakes, most snacks, and onion rings. Oh, perhaps I should put my list on here and you can see for yourself. 

Food allergies:

  1. Egg white
  2. Peanuts
  3. Wheat
  4. Walnut
  5. Hazel nut
  6. Almond
  7. Shrimp
  8. Cows milk
  9. Sesame seeds

I had already been eliminating most bread as I had trouble with it as I was eating it. Who new I could be allergic to the egg whites? Fortunately, the yolk tastes way better. Imagine me going to our Sunday breakfasts and asking for for an omelet made with Yolks only and no milk, unless they have soy milk. It boggles the mind.

We went to Famous Dave’s yesterday for dinner. I had to do the research to see what was in the bbq sauce and even the dressing for my salad.


Sorry I had already began eating before I remembered to take a picture. I made a mistake on my first salad by forgetting to omit the cheese, eggs and croutons, but my waitress was kind enough to get me another as I was trying to pick the stuff out. 

I chose honey mustard over Italian dressing. I need to avoid the ranch which is my go to dressing. I just have to make adjustments in my diet. 

Yesterday was my first day without the allergens in my diet, so I don’t notice a big difference yet. I did gamble with the salt content in my restaurant food, but my ears aren’t louder and no vertigo attack. 

Though to be fair I have been in constant vertigo for weeks now. When I say attack I mean the room spinning kind. Though being in constant vertigo is an attack, I can just push through it. 

As a side note, why are restaurants using metal trays in lieu of plates? I don’t like it. It makes me feel as if I’m eating in a buffet and instead of using a plate I filled up the tray. 

I hope you are spin free. 

Love, Peace and Light! Rita


No comments:

Post a Comment