Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Getting Answers? Or Trying...

Sadly, there are no good answers for health problems. I miss the days when I had something wrong and the doctor would give me medication and then U’d be alright. Chronic illnesses are not so cut and dry. Sometimes doctors cannot even agree on diagnoses.


My doctor is sending me to a cardiologist for my heart... just in case my mitral valve prolapse isn’t the culprit of a new experience I had with it where it did it’s racing thing and caused dizziness.

Oh and it’s that time to get the girls checked again, so I will be getting a mammogram. Ladies this is very important diagnostic tool. Do not put it off. 

I will be getting another endoscopy to make sure my ulcer hasn’t returned. Oh, and I had food allergy testing that I am waiting on the results from. I hate throwing up after I eat. I have it somewhat under control by eating smaller meals.

Oh and the biggest question to be answered will have to wait until I see the ENT in October. Am I bilateral? Will this ENT even think I have Ménière’s? Or will they diagnose me with something else? 

Though I actively seeking answers, I am getting very few quickly. The medical system is frustrating. It’s even more so when you need answers so you can maybe be treated. I am not holding my breath that I’ll get relief even if I do get answers, because the treatments don’t work for everyone.

Even my old standby meclizine doesn’t help me not feel dizzy any longer. In fact the pharmacist said one of the side effects is dizziness. It is a no win situation. 

I have done my research and know what to expect when the professionals tell me what’s wrong. So I am ready. I know the prognosis for Ménière’s. At least it’s not as bleak as when I was first diagnosed. And now I have others to talk to about it who understand and never doubt what anyone in the group tells them, because they have been there.

So it’s a waiting game for me. One day at a time is the best advice. Enjoy the good days, relax on the bad days and don’t let anxiety and depression take hold... 

I hope you are spin free.

Love, Peace and Light! Rita

No comments:

Post a Comment