Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Relaxing Long Weekend

Ralph and I flew to Sacramento to visit his Aunt this past weekend. 

(The sunrise, because we took an early flight.)

I was worried about my ears and the change in pressure, but managed to avoid any complications by chewing on some Twizzlers. 

Since we are foodies, what trip is complete without trying the local fair? We started with breakfast at Tower Cafe. I am glad I got the small portion of French Toast, because it was huge, delicious and filling. Paired with Ghiradelli Hot Chocolate and breakfast was a success. The place was jammed packed with knick-knacks...

Our next foray was out for ice cream to the Back to the 80’s Cafe. We were waited on by George McFly. I am not kidding. This kitschy place is worth checking out.

What trip would be complete without checking out local breweries? We checked out Claimstake Brewery and River City Brewery. Such very different places.  

Claimstake Brewery was difficult to enjoy, because noise carried in it. We could hear everyone and no one at the same time. The beer was good and they allowed dogs inside. 

River City Brewery was much different. It was bigger and offered food. The food was delicious and the beer was enjoyable, okay so I really only tried the stout. (I didn’t want to trigger dizziness by drinking too much.) 


Ralph also made his stacked enchiladas on Friday. They were delicious. We posted a video on You Tube you are welcome to check out. 

I had a few episodes of lightheadedness and some vertigo during the trip, but I took naps when needed and nothing got out of control. 

Love, Peace and Light!

Rita

No comments:

Post a Comment