Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Ménière’s Episode 

I am a bit upset, I just finished publishing a blog post about strobe lights... And I am sitting in the comfort of my own home and I have an episode. I just recorded a video where I describe how it felt. 

I am totally glad I was sitting otherwise I think I would have had a drop attack. The whole episode didn’t last long. It felt like an elevator dropped and then the room started spinning and rocking. It was brief, but disconcerting and I am trying not to get anxious or have a panic attack, which would make everything worse. 


Although the anxiety doesn’t cause Ménière’s it makes it worse. I have spoke about this before, anxiety is a symptom you can control. Right now I am keeping my breathing even. And by videoing and writing about it, I am providing an outlet for my anxiety. 

I try to smile and laugh no matter how I feel. And if you can find a reason to laugh about some of the situations you get into because of your illness, I think it will help make it more bearable.

We all find something that helps us cope and this is my way of coping. I hope you do not view it as whining. I truly only talk about it to promote awareness and to help those with this debilitating disease. 

Have a spin free day. 

Love, Peace and Light!

Rita 

No comments:

Post a Comment