Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Valentine’s Day/Ash Wednesday



Well, our priest wouldn’t give us permission to eat meat today. I have to giggle about that, since most people go out to dinner for Valentine’s Day. Father Bill said have lobster instead. Even among Catholics there are those who do not like fish or seafood. Fortunately, I am not one of them. Unfortunately, my hubby is, though he does eat shrimp.

Ralph and I went to mass this morning to avoid the crowds that evening mass generally brings. That was an error since it was standing room only in the trailer. (Our church is being built and will open in May.) After mass, I dropped Ralph at work and went home.

I didn’t get much sleep last night so I ended up taking a brief nap. The nap got rid of the budding migraine and alleviated the vertigo too.


I met Ralph for dinner at Promenade Cafe for our Valentine Dinner. We enjoyed some good food and good conversation. All too soon it ended, fortunately our time together has not ended. We have the rest of our lives together.

Mutual respect and a genuine like for each other will carry our love forward. I pray that everyone has or will have the enduring love that I am fortunate to have found with my Sweetie.

Happy Valentine’s Day!

Love, Peace and Light,

Rita

No comments:

Post a Comment