Friday, August 16, 2019

Live

Live on the good days and they will carry you through the bad days. You might be able to tell that wasn’t a good day, but a so-so one for me. I still got out to see Barenaked Ladies and Hootie and the Blowfish. I think I would have crawled to see Barenaked Ladies. I love them that much. On a worse day last week I had to miss Weird Al. I was having too many mini spins. I don’t think concert noise and lights mix with even small bouts of vertigo. Not to mention my balance was shot.

Lately I’ve not felt myself at all. My head is almost constantly dizzy with burst of vertigo. Plus all of my other issues have decided to flare, as I said in my last blog. This combination makes it hard to live or even get out of bed. Though I still wake up early, I stay in bed longer trying to alleviate some of the symptoms. I promised myself that I would never stay in bed for longer than necessary after those years so long ago where I only got out of bed to do anything, unless I visited family.

Despite how I am feeling, I still have plans. On Tuesday we are going to see Def Leppard. I will rely on my husband and maybe my cane to get me there. I rely on aids more and more lately. Cane, earplugs, and blue light filtering glasses.

These activities make the bad days more bearable. So when I have an attack or am too dizzy to function, I can think of all the good times I’ve had and the good times to come. I try to smile like today.

It’s not always easy to put a smile on, especially if I feel worthless. The good days remind me that I’m needed. My support group reminds me that I am needed. My dogs and cats remind me that I am loved. Most of all my husband loves me and brushes off my moodiness. He is there for me, though he can’t always tell I am not feeling well. He does get frustrated st times, but that is normal for any care giver. When we got together we decided to have amazing adventures and we have! We will continue to do so, even if we have to alter plans a bit.


Even a simple camping trip is an adventure and an escape from my illness, even when having symptoms! So live everyday you can to the fullest. I promise it helps get you through the bad times.

I hope you are spin free .

Love, Peace and Light! Rita

No comments:

Post a Comment