Monday, July 2, 2018

Brain Fog


I wish I could explain what this feels like. It is more than the lost words or forgetfulness. It is more of a feeling that something has invaded my head like fog. Like fuzziness or white noise and it changes, but the overall result is forgetfulness or an inability to process my thoughts. Sometimes it feels as though my head is full of concrete and nothing can seep through the pours. Now you can say my head is full of rocks. LOL! But it’s true and they permeate my thoughts and make my head feel weird and it’s difficult to think at all. 

Unfortunately, Ménière’s Disease isn’t the only disorder that has brain fog as a symptom. Fibromyalgia is another. I am sure that most diseases have this horrible symptom. Some days I feel as if I have Alzheimer’s, (Old timers is what many people call it.) but that is not the problem. 

I am sure you all have experienced forgetfulness at one time or another. Heck, I remember when I was 5, my mom sent me upstairs to get clothes hangers... I stood at the closet and could not remember why I was there. Needless to say my mom wasn’t happy when I returned without them. 

So what causes this phenomenon? I am not sure exactly, but I do have some ideas on what may contribute to brain fog.

  1. It is a symptom of a larger disease. (For me it Ménière’s and Fibromyalgia.)
  2. Poor sleep may contribute.
  3. Medication may cause it. Unfortunately, the things that help one symptom may cause others.) 
  4. Lack of exercise. Exercise is good for so many things, Unfortunately, it’s difficult to do when you feel dizzy most of the time.
  5. Poor nutrition. With all the processed and fast foods my nutrition takes a back seat to the convenience. I do try to make things from scratch.

These are my own thoughts on the subject. I am not a medical professional, nor have I studied this in anyone, but myself. 

All in all, I know many people who suffer from brain fog. There are many terms... Fibro-fog, blond moments, etc. Maybe you call it something else. Feel free to share. 


This is what brain fog looks like. Haha... You cannot see it, but it’s there. Just like all invisible illnesses, it can be completely debilitating and devastating, but it hides within. 

I hope you are all spin free.

Love, Peace and Light! Rita




No comments:

Post a Comment