Sunday, December 30, 2018

Happy New Year

As another year ends and we prepare to begin anew, let’s leave the bad stuff in the past. Face the future with a brand new optimism. Let old grievances go. 

If we can do that it will make everything brighter. I know sometimes things pop up to remind you why you have those bad feelings, but accept them and then let it go again. Like you do with pesky thoughts that intrude during meditation. 

I know I’ve said this before, but I say the Serenity Prayer in my head to remind me that I cannot change everything. It’s my mantra. 

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to accept the things that I can and the wisdom to know the difference. 

I will find myself using this many times, because my brain will keep bringing up things, but I am doing my best to forgive and forget. 

I’ll focus on the people, animals, things and places that make me happy. I won’t let those other things take up residence in my head for more than a fleeting thought. 

2019 looks brighter to me and 2018 was pretty awesome. We took new adventures and will be embarking on a new journey in the spring. I will continue to find the strength within me to fight my body and head so I can enjoy my greatest adventures yet to come.

I am so lucky to have Ralph in my life. He loves me, and is beginning to understand the nature of Ménière’s Disease. We are planning many great adventures!

I hope the New Year is a happy one for you and I hope you are spin free.

Love, Peace and Light! Rita

No comments:

Post a Comment