Thursday, August 16, 2018

Life with Ménière’s 

Since eliminating the foods to which I’m allergic, I am not in constant vertigo. I have swaying back and forth, but not so I notice it without standing with my eyes closed. Tilting and stumbling seem to be a normal for me. 


Yesterday while going to my seat at the LV Aces game I fell without warning. I always attributed these falls to my ankle forgetting its job. However, it’s a drop attack. I don’t know if it’s MD related or if something else is going on, because I’ve had these since I was in my teens. MD wasn’t diagnosed until in my my 30’s. This is something I’ll be asking my ENT when I see her in October. 

Today, I had and endoscopy to make sure my ulcer wasn’t back. Fortunately it’s not. I do have inflammation in the esophagus and stomach, so they did biopsies. I’ll get the results September 5th. In the meantime I’ll avoid the foods that I’m allergic to and see if that helps. 

The anesthesia has made me super off-balance. Putting it on a Ménière’sy scale, I’d say 5. Right now I am in bed, but my mind is going a million miles an hour. I will rest for the rest of the morning and part of the afternoon and then I’ll meet Ralph & a friend at JW Marriott so we can go see Peter Pan. Don’t worry I’m not driving.

I am trying to live my life with Ménière’s, but it’s challenging. Things could be worse. I am thankful that I have support from my husband, brother and sister-in-law. 

I hope you are spin free.

Love, Peace and Light! Rita


No comments:

Post a Comment