Thursday, May 17, 2018

Yanny vs Laurel

What do you hear has been taking over the internet. How can one word sound different to so many people? If you haven’t seen this here is the link.,, Yanny vs Laurel.

When I first listened I heard Yanny. When I listened the next morning I heard  Laurel. My guess is that my hearing is fluctuating as I go bilateral. (I think the Ménière’s is now in both ears.)  I have had a rough few days since this began. You may have noticed that I had 4 good days in my last post. It was just the eye of the hurricane that has been my normal since I went out of remission in December of 2017.

I have good days and bad days. Usually, I just feel dizzy and foggy. Not so the last couple of days. I am actually experiencing vertigo and a change in the loudness of tinnitus in both ears. Usually my left ear is quiet. It has hummed (like locusts) since the beginning of this MD journey, but the right ear usually drowns it out.

The left ear is making itself heard by humming on a different frequency than the other and it’s a tad louder. Fortunately, I can still hear, though some noises hurt my ears and I have to have the volume on tv or radio lower. It makes little sense to me why I can’t stand louder volumes.

I know it’s hyperacusis, but this term is new to me, though the pain, discomfort and discombobulation I feel in some situations is not new to me. I have often had difficulty concentrating when too much stimulation was present. I just thought it was part of ADD.

I am trying to prepare to lose more of my hearing. I hope I don’t, but I am trying to prepare. It seems to be different for each Ménière’s sufferer and I have been lucky to retain most of mine since I was diagnosed in 2000.

There are no good answers as to what I can expect. I know that my hearing is fluctuating and there re changes that I can hear. I can tell by listening to the Yanny vs Laurel how my hearing is at the moment. I’ll just take one moment at a time and enjoy the good days, push through the bad days when necessary and rest on when I can.

I hope you all are spin free!

Love, Peace and Light!
Rita

No comments:

Post a Comment