Friday, March 23, 2018

Date Night

Our evening began at Holsteins. Burgers, shakes and onion rings... very yummy! Gordon Ramsey’s Burgers are still at top of the list. As you can tell by the cows in the picture this is my kind of place... vampires, Frankenstein and mummies... 

I know I rarely speak of my proclivity for all things horror. But mostly when I write it is dark. I can’t help myself. Occasionally, though some less dark things slip in like my children’s book, Mikey’s Tail. 
After dinner Ralph and I went to a show, Opium at The Cosmopolitan (Holsteins was there too.) The doors to the bar opened up at 7:30, though the actual show doors, didn’t open until 7:45. 
There was a definite space theme going on as soon as we entered the bar. Even the drinks had space names. 
This is what the stage looked like. You can see how close we were. 

There was a prop that looked like a huge computer. It’s name was Jim, pictured below. There was a band off to our right. 
I didn’t take anymore pictures as I wanted to enjoy the show. I really did enjoy the show... It was funny and entertaining and kept a smile on my face the entire time. 
Cross dressing singers, jugglers, and a hula hooper made the show entertaining. Oversexualized woman and men added to the entertainment. It was all in good fun. 
I enjoyed it more than my spouse did, but I have a warped sense of humor anyway. On a laughter and enjoyment scale, I give Opium (OPM) two thumbs up! 
Leaving was a bit more difficult as the had disco lights in the hallway, which made it difficult for me to navigate. I had to stop and wait for Ralph to catch up so I could hold onto him. I wish that people would quit with the disco effect and strobe lights. 
Love, Peace and Light! 
Rita
Have a spin free day!

No comments:

Post a Comment