Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Strobe Lights-Why?

It mystifies me that shows still utilize strobe lights... I want to know why? Surely, they know that strobing can cause seizures. For me it’s a trigger for my Ménière’s. 

The other night my husband and I went to see Carrot Top. It surprised me that a comedian used strobes when he entered the stage. Luckily, I know it’s a trigger and I covered my eyes until the strobing stopped. Others might not be so lucky. 


We enjoyed the rest of the show, though I had to hold onto things and the railing in the hallway when we left. So, even though I covered up, I still had a slight issue when we were leaving. 

I did have a slight sensation of falling forward when we got on the escalator, but it was brief and I got down to the next floor without more issues.

I really did enjoy Carrot Top, though I’d tell people with issues like seizures and Ménière’s to use caution when going to see him. 

Love, Peace and Light!

Rita

No comments:

Post a Comment