Friday, April 13, 2018

Vacation 

Look at our ride to Minute Maid Park to see the Astros play. JW Marriott Housto has a Tesla shuttle. So very cool. Though we had an actual driver, this car can self drive too.


We had fun though the Astros lost. We toured the stadium and received replica World Series trophies.

On Friday morning we headed for the Port of Galveston to begin our cruise on Carnival Valor. The first thing I did was order a Fun Ship drink. (A tradition since my first cruise.) We had been planning on dropping our bags and going to see the Tall Ships that we’re in port, but my Ménière’s and Fibromyalgia were acting up, so we just boarded. 

We were able to see one of the tall ships leaving the harbor. 

Cruising is always fun and we packed so much into our short time on the ship. We watched a country duo, sang along at the piano bar, swam, saw a show and of course we drank and ate. 


This was a Q&A. The cruise director, Brandon, wore a dress, because they raised more than $5,000 for St. Jude’s.

In Cozumel Ralph had fish eat the dead skin off his feet, which I find gross. He has been wanting to do it for awhile. 

In Progresso we learned to make margaritas, salsa and guacamole. There was plenty to eat and drink. Ralph enjoyed his swim in the ocean. I talked to a lovely couple. 

Our vacation didn’t stop once we left the Valor for the final time. We went to the Johnson Space Center, before heading to the airport!


We are back in Vegas. Our pilot landed more smoothly than other trips I have been on and he had to contend with the wind and gusts up to 55 MPH. 

I am home in bed today, since my Fibromyalgia and Ménière’s are both screaming at me today. It’s the trade off I make for having fun. Ralph is back at work.


I try not to let my health get in the way of me having fun. I know there will be repercussions, but that is a trade off I am willing to make. Fortunately, I don’t have to work, so I can stay in bed for a day or two. Also, I took naps on the cruise and relaxed on the sea days.

Love, Peace and Light!

Rita

Have a spin free day!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment