Sunday, June 30, 2019

Tough Morning

About four a.m., the vertigo started. “Fuck,” I said aloud. Fortunately what I thought would be a full blown vertigo attack only turned out to be about six rotations. Unfortunately, I keep having mini spins. These spins are as violent as my full blown attacks, so I am layed up in bed. (Like my Southeastern Ohio vernacular?)

I am going to rest this morning. I am afraid to go to church. I try to not let the anxiety stop me from doing things, but I’m not stupid. The mini spins are unpredictable and so far I’ve had about 3 an hour. It’s now six thirty. Hopefully, I can rest and feel like my “normal” self by the time Ralph gets home from work. Yes, you heard that right... he has to work on a Sunday.

So, now I am wide awake. It’s hard to sleep, because closing my eyes during vertigo makes me nauseous and it’s happening too frequently to fall asleep. Hopefully, now that I decided to skip church, breakfast and had to cancel another blood donation, I will be able to sleep,

I think my trigger for this episode was my GERDs. I threw up last night and it went through my nose. Now the nose is congested. And I am spinning. Coincidence?

My balance is off this morning, which isn’t surprising as the vertigo is violent. I am not nearly as bad as when I have a full blown attack, but not great either. My ears are full and the tinnitus is louder than normal, I am surprised I can hear. I can’t even describe how my head feels accurately, but I will try. It’s like it’s stuffed with cotton and a vice is squeezing my head and it’s not a migraine for a change. My thoughts are disjointed, otherwise known as brain fog.

Hopefully, I’ll feel better later. We want to see a movie. I already keep canceling movie dates with my hubby and friends, because I am too dizzy to drive myself and the brain fog makes it difficult to pay attention. I need all my faculties when I get behind the wheel, which was only for a couple of hours on Wednesday.


Wish me luck. I hope you are spin free!

Love, Peace and Light! Rita

2 comments:

  1. I've been spin-free for a week or so now. Knock on wood. I get those mini-spins too. Very annoying.

    ReplyDelete