Tuesday, April 3, 2018

The Awful Hacking Cough

I went back to the doctor because my cough would not get under control. She upped my Advair dosage and gave me scripts for a nebulizer and the albuterol for it. 

I love breathing treatments and know how quickly they open my bronchial tubes, so I was excited to finally have one for home use.


I took my first treatment yesterday. One thing I noticed first about the treatment was that the solution was salty. If you know anything about me or my battle with Ménière’s, salt is one of my triggers. 

So today my head is swimming putting a damper on my plans today. I cannot drive when I feel this way. Being stuck at home when I have things to do before we leave for our cruise early Friday is a big pain in my behind. 

The second thing I noticed is that I really don’t like holding the breathing apparatus in my mouth. It is uncomfortable and even hurts a bit. The alternative is not good so I will do it when I need to, though I am considering using the kiddie mask that came with the kit. 

The bright side is that my bronchial tube is clearer and I don’t think I’ll need another treatment for awhile. 

I may not post until I get back from the cruise. It depends if I have WiFi. I will take lots of pictures while I am away.

Love, Peace and Light!

Rita

Have a spin free day!

No comments:

Post a Comment