Sunday, December 24, 2023



As I lay here in bed with Covid for Christmas, I wanted to take a minute to remind everyone that the holidays are hard on many people. I wrote this poem a few years ago when I felt loss. Maybe it will help someone. 

If you know someone who is struggling let them know you see them, that you are here for them. If you live with them they may need some extra TLC. Don’t ignore it no matter how uncomfortable it makes you.


Is Anyone Listening?

I am screaming, but no one hears!

Tears roll down my face, but no one sees!

   Do I have a voice?

   Am I invisible? 

Why are my desires less than yours? I have given all I can. There isn’t anymore. I feel empty. I feel drained. 

I am no longer able to give. I feel like I am drowning in my pain and no one sees. 

I am choking.

I can’t breathe.

I think I am dying a slow death. This must be what death feels like. No that’s not right. Death is a release from this pain.

I am tired of fighting through the fog. Though I know it’s only temporary. I am just wondering why you don’t see me?

It makes me wonder if I miss others pain. Does it make us uncomfortable? Does it make you uncomfortable? Do you feel as helpless as I do when I get into this hopeless state? 

The next time you see me. Put your arms around me. Believe me all I need to know is that I am still here. 

Depression is not easy to live with. I imagine it’s harder to see, but please don’t ignore it. I don’t want to disappear. I feel as if I have disappeared.  ~Rita Trushaw

Love, Peace, and Light! Rita

https://mycrazylife2go.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment