Monday, May 6, 2019

Juggling sinus, allergies and colds with Meniere’s

It started with a tickling in the back of my throat on Friday night while at a local ball game. The wind that cooled things off was probably carrying pollen and dust. It didn’t register with me at the time. I just knew that I’d probably would have a sore throat soon.

Indeed I awakened with a sore throat. Add in the pressure in my ears and louder tinnitus and my balance was shot. After going back and forth in my own head, I sucked it up and joined friends at a comedy show, which one of them got for my birthday. It was an enjoyable night. Beginning with drinks in a bar with live music. 


Sunday arrived and even after sleeping in, I still was not feeling better. Still we went to a late breakfast, followed by mass where my friends daughter had her First Communion and then dinner. We were home in time to watch Game of Thrones and A Discovery of Witches. I was wiped out, managing to sleep all night.

I still am off balance and sick to boot. I would like to get some things accomplished today, but I am sitting in my chair hoping that the spins don’t begin. Some not quite a full rotation have been hitting. I am dizzy, which is not the same as vertigo. I think if I allowed the panic to consume me I’d have full blown vertigo, but I am mindful of the panic signs and start to breathe in through my nose and out through my mouth if it starts. 

This disease changes the rules on me constantly and there doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason for attacks. Too much salt makes my tinnitus worse, but doesn’t necessarily cause a vertigo attack. Colds, sinus and flu affects my balance and my ears, but doesn’t necessarily cause vertigo. All these things used to affect vertigo, but not anymore. 

I sit here in my recliner with my dog on my head, hoping that an attack isn’t imminent. I can smile, because despite this disease I love my life. 


I hope you are spin free!

Love, Peace and Light! Rita


No comments:

Post a Comment