Monday, January 14, 2019

Uncluttering

It seems the trend right not is to declutter. People are determined to downsize their lives by getter rid of things they don’t use or need or doesn’t make them happy. I have been slowly getting rid of clothes that do not fit. Thank God I didn’t get rid of all my smaller sized clothes as I am loosing weight.

The real thing I want to work on is uncluttering my mind. This is not as easy as it seems for someone with anxiety. Everything plays in my mind over and over. 

So my solution is to try to deal with it through humor. I made this meme because someone called me a bitch, because I called them mean.  And now I have as little to do with this person as possible, bless her heart. 

So I guess what I really am doing is cutting out the negativity in my life. Kind of hard when I have a knack of being negative myself. But since I can only change me, that’s what I am choosing to do. 

The Serenity Prayer has been my mantra for years, so I will continue to repeat it as often as needed. 

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,

Courage to change the things I can,

And wisdom to know the difference.

I am choosing to focus on me and the things that make me happy. I am choosing to eliminate negativity from my life and if this is in the form of people then so be it. It may not be a popular position, but I feel it’s a necessary one. 

So though I don’t make resolutions, I am working on me. I always am working on me. I am a work in progress.

I am still always going to be real, though I don’t go out of my way to hurt others, I also, don’t shrink from calling others out on their bullshit. I certainly won’t tolerate snide comments or backstabbing. I will call it out, but don’t worry because I have no qualms about cutting whoever out of my life. 

This is for me and the happier me that I envision. I think by being truer to whom I want to be my husband will be happier. And that to me is the most important thing in my life. 

I think this is something we all can benefit from. I hope you are spin free.

Love, Peace and Light!  Rita

No comments:

Post a Comment