Saturday, December 15, 2018

Progressive Lense Glasses/Water Pills

I picked up my new glasses yesterday. I was so excited because they are progressive lenses and I would be able to see all the time. So I put them on in the shop and move my head. The walls and whatever I looked at became wavy. My stomach was a bit nauseous.

The technician told me that they can take some time to adjust to and to just try them for a bit. “Oh and by the way don’t wear them to drive until you’ve adjusted.” I can return them sometime within 30 days if I cannot handle them.

The technician also told me that some people with Vestibular issues never get used to them. I hope I can, because I love them and don’t want to switch glasses for reading and driving. Oh and they are blue light filtering with just the barest hint of yellow. This will help with lights. I have been wearing a pair of blue light filtering glasses over my regular glasses or by themselves if I’m not driving.

I wore my new glasses from the time I returned home until I went to bed. I must say that except the wavy walls & such I can see everything clearer including my phone and no eye strain from using my phone. So if I can continue to wear them all the time, I’ll definitely love them. 

I just don’t need the added stress of walls moving because of my glasses. I get enough of that from my own eyes/ears/brain without adding to it. Fortunately, I am able to recognize that this new motion isn’t caused by something internal, so it didn’t trigger anxiety which causes more issues with my inner ear. 

I won’t do bifocals, because I can’t get the UV filters. So, I will ultimately get 2 pairs of glasses if I cannot get used to the progressive lenses. 

I know it seems silly to be excited about wearing glasses all my waking hours, but I love being able to see clearly even at night when my eyes are tired. 

I almost forgot to mention the ENT put me on a diuretic. After a few shaky days, I finally was spin free yesterday and so far today. I don’t know if it’s just a good day or if the water pill is working. I hope it’s working so I can have more good days. 

It’s so difficult to find something that works for the Ménière’s.  We are trying the basic thing all ENT’s try with their patients. I tried one when I was first diagnosed, but got so sick that I had to stop. 

This time I have more information and will be getting regular blood tests to check my electrolytes. So, I am hopeful that it will work for me. I know it’s not a cure and that I will still have bad days, but I am hoping for more good days than bad. If I can get that, it will be a win. 

Wish me luck and I hope you are spin free!

Love, Peace and Light! Rita

No comments:

Post a Comment