Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Procrastination 

I have written about this topic before. Right now I am still in bed. I need to get up and start laundry, but I am procrastinating. At lest I shouldn’t have troubles bringing the basket downstairs this week. Last week or was it the week before, I was serious off balance and dizzy and it took all my will power and a bit of help from Ralph to get it to the laundry room. Yes, I am stubborn.

We have gotten a tree yet, but I was digging through my decorations and found my Santa hat yesterday! I’d forgotten I bought it on clearance last year after Christmas. Yes I was still in my nightgown. I’d only come downstairs because Ralph made breakfast. 

I am a big procrastinator.., I have been forever. Even a college professor (Daniel Keyes) said I’d be a better writer if I stopped putting it off until the last second. Oh my did I just name drop? It was an honor to learn from a man whose book was required high school reading. 

Oh and I get easily distracted by shiny things, which makes me procrastinate more. I am even getting distracted as I write this as you can see by my reference to the book. 

I have lots to do today, but not out of the house. It’s easier to get distracted at home than anywhere else. That’s why I often went out to write before. Yes, I was still distracted by people and things when I was out, but not as much. 

Do you procrastinate? Have you been able to overcome this habit? Let me know. 

I hope you are spin free!

Love, Peace and Light! Rita


No comments:

Post a Comment