Saturday, March 30, 2019

Find Reasons to Laugh & Smile

It’s really easy to sink into despair when you are ill, especially when it’s chronic. But there are good days too. On the bad days it helps me to laugh. Laughter is one of the best medicines I know. Sometimes I laugh at myself. Like one time my speed laces tripped me when they caught my lace from the opposite shoe. I went down face first. I could have laughed, but it was kind of funny, since I couldn’t get up because my feet were then behind me.

I laugh at memes, my pets, movies (Even when no one else does, because my sense of humor is warped). I laugh with my husband and my support group. Sometimes laughter is the only thing that gets me through the bad days. It certainly beats crying. Don’t get me wrong... In the middle of a vertigo attack, I cry, because I forget how bad it is and I don’t know when they will end, but after that, I try to find something to make me laugh. My pets, the tv, or whatever I can find on Facebook.

I am thankful for laughter. It’s funny because I have no sense of humor... well, maybe I do, but as I said it’s warped. Smiling and laughing are essential if you want to enjoy life. I do try to enjoy life. I try not to let my natural grumpiness out. When I get grumpy, my brother says, “I laugh in the face of your grumpiness.” Who can stay grumpy when you hear that and picture my late nephew, Mikey, laughing at my dad.

Anyway, find what makes you smile and laugh. I married someone who does that for me. I hope you are spin free!

Love, Peace and Light! Rita

No comments:

Post a Comment